June 30, 2013

Week 18 Love

Know your worth. . .and your limits

I bet some of you thought the week 18 post was going to find itself in the black hole. I know it's late, but I wanted to try to get back onto a Sunday post day to finish out the week.

Over the last week or so, there have been moments, people, articles, random quotes, and other things that have reminded me of my worth. And once I was reminded, I was a little upset with myself that I had forgotten. Why is it that we let a person, a job, a situation, the world in general, cut us down and make us start forgetting our own worth? Why do we fail to know our limits and stand our ground?

I don't know why this happens, but I do know that by the time we remember our worth, we've usually been pushed way past our limits. We would serve ourselves well, not to mention save ourselves a world of hurt, pain, stress, or any other number of things, if we would not lose sight of our worth in the first place.

Know your worth, and your limits. Don't sell yourself short, and don't let anyone else do it either.

How have you loved yourself this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment